9/24/10

etsy color: pink

clockwise from top left: crown by Janine Basil; necklace by thief & bandit; print by jellybeans; coin purse by oktak; coat from Amalia Chimera; print by abby try again; print by Catherine Campbell; tattoo by Julia Pott; bloomers by Clare Bare

i adore pink, but it is one of those colors that i really only adore in small doses. pink is always forced into your face as such a girly color, and sometimes i just wish we could let go of the stereotype and let pink be pink. does that make sense? having said that, the items i picked are rather "girly" but i like them all for their perfect display of the color. the pieces are all rather artsy in their own way and none of them are too harsh or in your face. even that sparkly crown is nice and quaint. i've found that a little pink can go a long way...and just the right amount in just the right shade can make it appear as if you're housing the most wonderful secret.

3 comments:

  1. I really love pink too, but am similar to you in the aspect that it's in small doses, like the stone on my ysl ring for daily, or I might wear it once then not for a while for clothing.

    http://pagesixxx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello from Vancouver! I love your blog - I just took a peek at some of your past posts. So inspiring and pretty.
    I love your collection of pink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that necklace so much. and i love etsy as well.

    ReplyDelete

♥♥♥

archived postcards

me

My photo
Portland, OR, United States
hi! i'm Lena, but you can call me Lulu. i love Frida Kahlo, feminism, art, reading, kitties, and drinking tea. i love the film Amelie and i think that the tiny traveling gnome has stolen my heart. i want to own a bookshop and live above it one day. i get quite passionate about things. i tend to think too much. i'm kind of a hermit.

follow me

Follow postcards from dreamland

copy and paste me


Photobucket

i credit

thank you to Janine for letting me use her wonderful postcard photo as my blog header ♥

i pledge