sometimes i think that animals' souls are purer than ours. how could they not be? just looking into their eyes you can tell. well, unless they're eyes are anything like my cat's and they're simply glaring back at you for daring to look at them for more than a few seconds. my cat has ego issues...but that doesn't change the fact that i think animals are about as angelic as is possible. you know, most of the time.
by Robert Frost
Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those you favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.
image from here.
i'm super excitied for Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland. i'm especially excited to see Anne Hathaway as the White Queen. her costume and makeup seem like they're going to be incredibly stunning. the pictures surely are!
actually, all of the costumes (they're being done by the talented Colleen Atwood) and makeup look absolutely divine. it's going to be a work of art, with Tim Burton it always is, and that's when i like movies the best. speaking of makeup, Urban Decay has even come out with a new makeup collection that you can buy. they renamed some of the eyeshadows they have with new Alice in Wonderland themed names. this new collection box (named The Book of Shadows) features a pop-up scene of Alice after just having finished off her "drink me" bottle.
oooh i really am excited about this movie. it's going to be in 3D and everything (i've actually never seen a movie in 3D!) i think i might go re-read the books now. and download a new wallpaper for my desktop. Alice in Wonderland themed. of course.
"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?"
just like this. doesn't she seem in such deep thought? or maybe she's not thinking, and that's why this picture is so darling. maybe she's just enjoying being covered in little freckles of lights.
sadly, i do not know where this picture is from, only that i found it on someone's blog and i saved in on my desktop because it's just oh-so-amazing. if you know where this came from let me know! =]
also known as my purse. it doesn't hold nearly as much as Mary Poppins' bag, but i like to think of it as somewhat magical...mainly because i feel the need to lug it around every day. but it also has pretty much everything i need to entertain myself and/or the kids i'm babysitting. minus Legos. and colored pencils...
anyhoo. the contents!
1. keys. cute doggy keychain. cute monkey key covers. teeny flashlight keychain.
4. scarab bracelet. locket.
5. plaid wallet
6. leather change purse.
7. chicken and egg fabric change purse (i put random things inside of it)
8. snap change purse (my pressed powder is in it)
9. on top of my pressed powder pouch is a little gummy penguin pencil topper, yellow hair clip, silver bobby pin, and flower bobby pin that my mum crocheted for me.
10. my tubed makeup items in a row: Dr. Hauschka lipstick in Transparent Pink. Revlon lipstick in Iced Amethyst. Chapstick 100% Naturals Lip Butter. Alba pineapple quench clear lip gloss. Stila cover up stick in shade a. an old old Artdeco lip "finish" in some super sparkly silver shade. Burt's Bees lip shimmer in Champagne. and Benefit lip gloss in Corsage.
11. my inhaler. woot!
12. nail file.
13. Secret deodorant in Powder Fresh (and a travel size! i'm kind of obsessive about deodorant...)
14. CleanWell hand sanitizer (i would definitely not recommend this, it smells really strongly of oregano for about fifteen minutes after you use it. believe me. it's more annoying than it sounds)
15. L'Occitane solid perfume. vanilla scented!!!
16. Visine eye drops. travel size. =]
17. pill case (in the shape of a pill capsule!)
18. purple plastic squeeze fish. yes. purple plastic squeeze fish.
19. retro pen.
20. pink Moleskine notebook.
21. rainbow houndstooth umbrella from Target.
22. pocket mirror.
23. Kiss My Face hand lotion. grapefruit + bergamot scented.
i'm a big fan of jewelry. but as much as i like it i don't seem to wear it that much. other than a ring that never comes off my finger and my nose stud, it seems like i'm always trying to put together the perfect outfit and when i'm done i haven't gotten around to putting on any jewelry and it's time to leave so i'm not (overly) late! i don't think i would have this problem if i had my entire jewelry chest filled with Yellowgoat designs. the designer behind Yellowgoat makes jewelry that's more like wearing super fun art than your average earring hoops and pendants. it's absolutely stunning, and there's not a piece of her collection that i don't like. check it out. even if you don't wear jewelry you'll really enjoy looking at her shop. she seamlessly melds beauty and intelligent design. it absolutely leaves me in awe.
- Portland, OR, United States
- hi! i'm Lena, but you can call me Lulu. i love Frida Kahlo, feminism, art, reading, kitties, and drinking tea. i love the film Amelie and i think that the tiny traveling gnome has stolen my heart. i want to own a bookshop and live above it one day. i get quite passionate about things. i tend to think too much. i'm kind of a hermit.