these photos (especially the third) mesmerize me. i love the contrast of color between the shells and the flowers, even though they aren't in the same picture. and that one eye that's not blurry in the first photo seems to be staring straight into you. the color of her eye is a fantastic shade of green as well. photos are from vera. lovely lovely work!
just a few of the amazingly cute pictures you can find on Tada's Revolution. most of the little stills come in groups of two or three and tell a short story. i love amigurumi and i adore miniatures (which i've probably mentioned before) and im smitten with stories...so basically this concept is kind of perfect to me. i found out about Tada's Revolution via See Hear Say. lovely blog, you should check it out.
i love love love Alberta Street. my mum and i were taking a stroll last Friday and we happened to find this adorable little place called Todbott's Triangles. we ventured in and absolutely loved it! the food (click the triangles link for the menu) was marvelous. i'm a big fan of Japanese food and Tod has definitely mastered (in my humble opinion) the art of making onigiri and nukazuke. if you live in Portland i highly suggest you check this place out. Tod is the sweetest guy and he just recently turned his food carts (i think he had two of them) into a cozy little spot behind a house on Alberta St. there's a pathway up to his shop and everything. it's simply delightful. i've already been twice in the past week and i plan on going rather regularly. it's quite impossible to leave Todbott's Triangles without a smile on your face. =]
how gorgeous is this Bamboo Bar Tote from Gucci? i've been in love with supple leather totes lately. and while this one would absolutely crush my bank account (it is Gucci after all) i like the distressed brown leather market tote by renneslechateau and the black and brown recycled leather tote bag from Zippy Lovelock (almost) just as much!
Angela from three buttons tagged me to do a post of found objects (seven to be precise) around the house in a specific color. what a fun idea! i chose red. the objects are:
1. a candle (i think it's supposed to be a chinese dog? or maybe a dragon? i have no idea)
2. a box that i've had for ages (the water mark in the corner is from being left in the sandbox a few too many times)
3. a tester perfume (flower by kenzo)
4. a picture frame (and an old picture of me after just having bobbed for apples on Halloween)
5. spools of red thread
6. a book in german
7. a heart shaped cookie cutter!
now i'd like to tag these lovely bloggers to do the same if they wish:
a sight to be seen
i lust wanderlust
2 days in the rain
triumphs and blunders of a kooky gal
okay, so as many of you know, i have another blog (Lulu and Lou) that i do with my best friend, Lou. she's a brilliant photographer, and recently set up a flickr account. this is a sneak peek of what you can find over there (yes, the girl with the short blonde hair is me and the other girl is Lou). but you really do have to go see all the pictures for yourself. go, take a look around!
- Portland, OR, United States
- hi! i'm Lena, but you can call me Lulu. i love Frida Kahlo, feminism, art, reading, kitties, and drinking tea. i love the film Amelie and i think that the tiny traveling gnome has stolen my heart. i want to own a bookshop and live above it one day. i get quite passionate about things. i tend to think too much. i'm kind of a hermit.