8/4/10

diem chau










i love the simplicity and elegance of these mixed media pieces by Diem Chau. i'm rather in awe of the way she embroiders organza with cotton thread and places it on ceramics. how incredibly unique! under the "about" section on her website there is a nice little paragraph that sums up everything perfectly:

"Chau combines common mediums and common means to create delicate vignettes of fleeting memory, gesture and form, resulting in works that combine egalitarian sensibility and minimalist restraint. Her work touches on the value of Storytelling, Myths and its ability to connect us to each other through cultural and humanistic similarities. Chau's current work drifts into new territory by exploring the periphery of the narrative, moments forgotten and faded, or too brief to retain."

5 comments:

  1. wow. i've never seen anything like that. amazing and so unique. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my, i love these! the simplicity of china, the quaintness of thread... these are so ingenious!
    i love your blog, by the way. it's magical ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness i though these were plates at first! so stinking cute! {how fun if these were plates. i'd love to enjoy my pasta on that last one!}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I know TOMS are just so amazing! Really? Sweet! I love my wall. I think you have good choice in wall paint too :) And I just LOVE these pieces of art...Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

♥♥♥

archived postcards

me

My photo
Portland, OR, United States
hi! i'm Lena, but you can call me Lulu. i love Frida Kahlo, feminism, art, reading, kitties, and drinking tea. i love the film Amelie and i think that the tiny traveling gnome has stolen my heart. i want to own a bookshop and live above it one day. i get quite passionate about things. i tend to think too much. i'm kind of a hermit.

follow me

Follow postcards from dreamland

copy and paste me


Photobucket

i credit

thank you to Janine for letting me use her wonderful postcard photo as my blog header ♥

i pledge