2/12/10

be mine

okay, so now that i'm officially in the v-day spirit, i thought i would post some steps to making some creative valentine goodies. there have been tons of tutorials on the internet, i figured i would weed through them and pick some of my favorites. enjoy! (yes, i'm aware that this is totally last minute, but that's just how i roll...)

1. lovely little matchbook photo albums from Nice Package. online tutorial here. pdf instructions here. or, if you need further assistance, a video tutorial here.




2. fun Papel Picado Valentines from Avie Designs. while you're over there go and check out the dainty Doily Valentines, too.




3. from The Purl Bee is this absolutely darling tutorial for felt heart pins.




4. instructions for pretty pretty brownie bags from Twig and Thistle. pdf file here.




5. make some adorable heart shaped soap with a how-to (which includes a video) from Martha Stewart. and since it's Martha...check out the oodles of other tutorials on the site, like the Felt Fortune Cookies, Poetic Wrappings, Bath Fizzies, and Crayon Hearts.




6. from Design*Sponge is a guide to making the amazingly creative Valentine Lightbulb. also, look at their Sweet Nothings Mini Megaphone tutorial.




7. Color Me Katie has the loveliest flip book tutorial you will ever see. video at the end of post and also here.




8. make some yummy Oreo Kisses. instructions from Bakerella.




9. have a very literary v-day with this Valentine Book Wreath how-to from Flower Patch Farmgirl.




10. make these darling origami hearts just like Wild Olive did with this video tutorial.

5 comments:

  1. I opened up each of these links in a different tab... I want to make all of them but I know I will not have such time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, if only I had time. Making do with an Edward Monkton card and homemade Thai green curry

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm sorry about that! haha by the time i realized Valentine's Day was in a few days it was literally yesterday...gotta get my craft on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We really do follow all of the same blogs! Sorry about not commenting in a while. For some reason I was under the impression it was letters not postcards and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't work.

    PS- Love the new header!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's POSTCARDS and don't you forget it! ;)

    ReplyDelete

♥♥♥

archived postcards

me

My photo
Portland, OR, United States
hi! i'm Lena, but you can call me Lulu. i love Frida Kahlo, feminism, art, reading, kitties, and drinking tea. i love the film Amelie and i think that the tiny traveling gnome has stolen my heart. i want to own a bookshop and live above it one day. i get quite passionate about things. i tend to think too much. i'm kind of a hermit.

follow me

Follow postcards from dreamland

copy and paste me


Photobucket

i credit

thank you to Janine for letting me use her wonderful postcard photo as my blog header ♥

i pledge