9/13/10

i do believe















we're surrounded by mythical creatures all the time. they're in books and in movies and when we were young sometimes we could see them or be them. i think it's nice to go back to that time when we could be anything we wanted to be, when one minute we were human and the next we were a fairy. perhaps we turned our cats and dogs into dragons or unicorns. whatever it was, it was magic.
the mystical part in all of us should never die. sometimes it's nice to just...believe.

1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8.

ps- i'm trying out a bunch of different blog headers/colors...so please be patient as i'm being quite picky haha. i actually just asked for permission to use a specific photo (of postcards), so i'll see soon if i'll be able to use it or not!

15 comments:

  1. I love this post, the photographs and your words are so inspiring, and i heartily agree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photos and words. I agree! Believe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delightful header! Thanks for the lovely images of magical things. How sad to be a non-believer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely! And I agree, imagination is such a beautiful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I love this post.

    The images are just pure beauty and magic intertwined into one, I love them all!!

    Well said.

    ReplyDelete
  6. those photos are so magic it feels like they come from a magical fairytale world!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the photography, and i don't think there's anything wrong with living in a fantasy land!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this post.

    Dreamy & magical :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the photos and the sentiment even more. it is indeed nice to believe we can be anything we dream and imagine and escape to...

    ReplyDelete

♥♥♥

archived postcards

me

My photo
Portland, OR, United States
hi! i'm Lena, but you can call me Lulu. i love Frida Kahlo, feminism, art, reading, kitties, and drinking tea. i love the film Amelie and i think that the tiny traveling gnome has stolen my heart. i want to own a bookshop and live above it one day. i get quite passionate about things. i tend to think too much. i'm kind of a hermit.

follow me

Follow postcards from dreamland

copy and paste me


Photobucket

i credit

thank you to Janine for letting me use her wonderful postcard photo as my blog header ♥

i pledge