7/17/10

little horsey eyes and ears






yesterday my mother's horse (not pictured here) was scheduled to have eye surgery. we ended up not being able to go through with it because of an, unbeknownst to us, upper respiratory infection. so the surgery is scheduled for next month, and my mother is all in jitters so i'm trying to be supportive. equine surgery is quite risky, but i'm sure everything will be fine.
anyway, while i was at the barn a few days ago i took these photos of some of the horses that were out in the field. i love how expressive and wise the eyes on a horse look. and, well, furry ears are just cute. =]

6 comments:

  1. awwww. it always breaks my heart when an animal has to go through surgery. i've gone through it before with my animals. i hope everything goes okay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so soulful and gentle...its especially striking in contrast to their size.
    What beautiful horses. Hope your mom's is o.k.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lulu, I love those photos - they are magical! Very cute blog, love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pictures are fantastic, so funny too! I hope everything is going to be OK, and the operation will go as smoothly as possible, keeping all our fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. these images are so gorgeous. I have always been a horse lover.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so amazing! the colors are glorious. You have such a good eye.

    ReplyDelete

♥♥♥

archived postcards

me

My photo
Portland, OR, United States
hi! i'm Lena, but you can call me Lulu. i love Frida Kahlo, feminism, art, reading, kitties, and drinking tea. i love the film Amelie and i think that the tiny traveling gnome has stolen my heart. i want to own a bookshop and live above it one day. i get quite passionate about things. i tend to think too much. i'm kind of a hermit.

follow me

Follow postcards from dreamland

copy and paste me


Photobucket

i credit

thank you to Janine for letting me use her wonderful postcard photo as my blog header ♥

i pledge