1. read a book. this is probably the most obvious method of escapism. you can travel the world without ever leaving your home.
2. play dress up. it doesn't matter if you look ridiculous, or if you end up looking fabulous and going out on the town. dressing up gives you an opportunity to be anyone you want.
3. take a hike. walk through the woods. go somewhere secluded and have a picnic by yourself. take a nap underneath the trees and against the moss.
4. movie night. make it a night all by yourself with your favorite treat and your favorite movie. or mix it up and have a movie night with the girls, it's very possible to escape with multiple people.
5. listen to music. listen to something that transports you to a different place, not just something you hear on the radio all the time.
6. daydream. sometimes it's as simple as gazing out of a window and letting all of your stressful thoughts melt away. sometimes it's simply a matter of letting go of inhibitions and using your imagination.
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6.